Monday, June 4, 2012

i saw HER (this is ALL TRUE)

It was around my 4th birthday(August)and my grandma had died a week before.Tragic right.Imagine, the same person who took care of you,gave you quick baths and changed every single diaper ,gone before your eyes right before your 4th birthday:(
At least i got to see her for the last time.
(LETS PUT IT IN MY MOMS POINT OF VIEW it's more interesting that way)I remember i was cooking dinner when my daughter(me!) came running to me.
"mommy come,granny is here she is waiting for you please come."I was startled.Could my mom be here.She died a week ago.My daughter wouldn't lie, she is too young to be acting.She pulled me over.
"Where i don't see her"i took two more steps.
"NO DON'T GO FARTHER YOU WILL BUMP INTO HER! "She said
I thought she was just imagining her so i went continued cooking because i didn't want to cause any problem.
Later that night my younger brother came home and we all had dinner sitting in front of the TV.  I was enjoying the food with my brother and i saw my daughter by the door.She was on her tipy toes and and she had her arms around a chuck of air.It almost looked like she was trying to hug someone. Then i heard her say
"i love you granny,thank you"i didn't know what to say so i just looked at my brother her had his mouth full of food and looked at me in a weird way.
Finally it was her birthday and she was wearing her favorite white dress.My family and i had planned the whole thing.We had decorated the room with balloons and birthday hats and banners.It was so colorful.So when she saw all the decorations.i could see it in her eyes something was wrong.She looked at the green chair in the corner of the room..She didn't move a muscle.Her smile faded.My daughter turned and looked at me.She bursted into tears.She demanded us to remove her dress and pop all the balloons.That birthday wasn't what we expected.She never threw a tantrum like that .I have never seen my daughter like that,....never.
A couple days later my daughter was in a better mood, at least she wasn't crying most of the time.I was with my dad talking to him about something.Then my daughter came running so my dad picked her up.She was holding a colorful beaded necklace.I asked her where she got it.She didn't answer.She just looked at my dad and said,
" grandpa you forgot to give this to me on my birthday."
I looked at my dad.His mouth was open,and he looked at me with tears in his eyes.
"How do you know about this?It was supposed to be a surprise"I said with a puzzled look
"Granny told me"
 Weird right.Since then i really haven't seen her.But i do know my granny is somewhere here watching over us.

      I LOVE YOU GRANNY

No comments:

Post a Comment